Due to Covid-19, the need to attend to patients in their homes has spread, reducing the risks of contagion by avoiding unnecessary travel. Well-trained clinical trial nurses are the key to supporting patient care at home in the setting of a clinical trial.
Network of nurses in all the Spanish autonomous communities
As part of our home services, we are also specialized in nursing services to support phase I, II, III clinical trials and observational studies.
We have a wide network of nurses in all the Spanish autonomous communities (17).
Our nurses are fully familiar with:
Strict standards of Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP),
– Management of protocols (Visits, medication, diagnostic tests …),
– Nursing techniques
- Measurement of vital signs,
- Anthropometric parameters,
- Specific test (6 min, PCR …),
- Extraction, processing, conservation, labeling and shipment of biological samples in accordance with current good laboratory practices
– Data Collection:
- Management and maintenance of the patient’s medical history,
- Observation, review, and documentation of Adverse Events (AEs, SAEs, SIAEs),
- Collection of study medication and concomitant medication,
- Use and completion of the Electronic Data Collection Form (eCRF)
– Use of Electronic Randomization Systems (IVRS) for dispensing study medication
– Administration of Informed Consent Form (ICF)
– Administration and completion of Patient Specific Questionnaires.
Home nursing care benefits in clinical trial
– The treatment and monitoring of the patient in the clinical trial is facilitated, adapting to the patient’s needs
– Patient care is more efficient and simpler (in person and by telephone according to protocol)
– The retention of patients is higher, since the abandonment of the study due to non-compliance with the protocol is lower, because it makes it easier for the patient to participate in it
– Greater adherence of the patient to the study treatment,
– Greater compliance with patient visits due to not having to travel to the center, but our nurses are the ones who attend them at home according to protocol
– Data collection and resolution of queries is faster and more accurate, since these data are collected directly by our nursing staff
– Identification and monitoring of adverse Events is faster and more efficient.
– Less time and travel expenses for patients
– Patients feel more protected and cared for, since the patient places their trust in the nurse, being a highly appreciated and increasingly demanded service, encouraging patient participation in the study
– Direct communication with the Sponsor/ CRO
This nursing service in clinical trials has been carried out for years in hospitals and primary care centers. Knowledge of this type of work in these centers makes us the best choice of professionals to carry out these same activities at home in the field of clinical trials, for pharmaceutical companies, CROs, independent researchers and scientific societies.
If you want to know more about this service, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org